To see photos of our students presenting please visit the CBU School of Sciences Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/ChristianBrothersUniversitySchoolOfSciences/
Here’s the list of all Biology students that presented:
1. NASH patients recruited through Gastro One in comparison to Dr. Harrison’s NASH triangle. Alexandra Wakefield* Christian Brothers University, Memphis, Tennessee, Laurie Martin Gastro One research, Memphis, Tennessee, Gina Wallace Gastro One research, Memphis, Tennessee, Dr. Younes Gastro One research, Memphis, Tennessee.
2. Examining the contribution of desirable difficulty and transfer appropriate processing by priming cued words. Cristina Sanchez Chontal *, Geoffrey Maddox, Christian Brothers University, Memphis, Tennessee, Rhodes College, Memphis, Tennessee.
3. An Ex Vivo & In Ovo investigation into the angiogenic and ossification properties of the silicate ion, assessing its suitability as a potential surgical scaffold component in promoting musculoskeletal tissue repair. Kyle Bellu*, Nasseem Salam* and Iain Gibson. Department of Musculoskeletal & Regenerative Medicine, Institute of Medical Science, Forresterhill Health Campus, University of Aberdeen, Aberdeen, United Kingdom.
4. The Proteome Mapping of Exosomes Secreted by Retinal Pigment Epithelium Cells Kelsie White 1, 2, Francesco Giorgianni 2, Sarka Beranova-Giorgianni 2 1Department of Biology Christian Brothers University Memphis, TN. 2 Department of pharmacy, University of Tennessee Health Science Center Memphis, TN.
5. Identification of Ryanodine Receptor type 2 from a heart preparation using ion channel modulators after receptor reconstitution into planar lipid bilayers. Logan Stewart*, Viksita Vijayvergiya, and Alex Dopico Christian Brothers University, Memphis, TN and The University of Tennessee Health Science Center, Memphis, TN.
6. The Effect of MCC950, an Inflammasome Inhibitor, on Blast-Induced Traumatic Brain Injury in Mice. Michael Mendez*, Saifudeen Ismael, and Tauheed Ishrat. Christian Brothers University, Memphis, Tennessee (MM), and University of Tennessee Health Science Center College of Medicine, Memphis, Tennessee (SI, TI).
7. Analysis of thalidomide effects on TNF-alpha and IL-6 inflammation factors in the THP1 cell line. Peter Kinsella, Sadia Shamsi, Neil Vargesson University of Aberdeen, Scotland.
8. Molecular Screening for Avian Malaria (Plasmodium) in Black-Bellied Whistling Ducks Sara Owen*1, Dr. Stan Eisen1, Dr. Michael Collins2, and Dr. Jerad Henson1, 1Christian Brothers University, Memphis, Tennessee and 2Rhodes College, Memphis, Tennessee.
9. Subretinal Hyperreflective Material within Regions of Atrophy in Treated Eyes with Neovascular Age-Related Macular Degeneration Sophiana Lindenberg1, Malinda E.C. Fitzgerald1, Muneeswar Gupta Nittala2, Aditya Verma2, SriniVas R. Sadda23 1Department of Biology Christian Brother’s University, Doheny Eye Institute, Doheny Image Reading and Research Lab 2Doheny Image Reading Center, Doheny Eye Institute, Los Angeles, California 3Department of Ophthalmology, David Geffen School of Medicine of the University of California-Los Angeles, Los Angeles, California
10. Antimicrobial Resistance to Pig Respiratory Pathogens in Irish Farms. Tara McElroy*, Christian Brothers University, Memphis, Tennessee.
11. Comparison of Accommodative Facility with the New Work Rock Cards. Sakshi Sata*, Mark Taub, OD, Southern College of Optometry, Memphis, Tennessee and Christian Brothers University, Memphis, Tennessee.
12. The Antimicrobial Activity of Essential Oils on Listeria monocytogenes, Salmonella, and Escherichia coli O157:H7 Pratik Banerjee, Daleniece Higgins*, and Khadijah Wilson*Department of Public Heath, University of Memphis, Memphis, Tennessee; Department of Biology, Christian Brothers University, Memphis, Tennessee
13. Endoparasites of Black-Bellied Whistling Ducks in Shelby County, Tennessee. Hannah Shideler*, Stanley Eisen, and Jerad Henson, Christian Brothers University, Memphis, Tennessee.
14. The effect of Health Coach Relationships with Cardiovscular Patients and Readmittance to the Hospital. Sara Tucker*, Shanetta Drone, Pamela Reynolds, Christian Brothers University, Memphis, TN, Delta Health Alliance Stoneville, MS, and Delta Regional Medical Center Greenville, MS.
15. Effect of Laundering on the germination of seeds. Sinead Tierney, James E. Moore, Christian Brothers University.
16. A test of invasional meltdown between two invasives and one native tree of the southeastern U.S. Savannah Hottel, James E. Moore, Christian Brothers University.
17. CNS penetration of methotrexate and its primary metabolite 7-hydroxymethotrexate in non-tumor bearing mice and mice bearing orthotopic group 3 medulloblastoma. Rachel Starker*, Abi Davis, Olivia Campagne, PhD, Thandranese S. Owens and Clinton F. Stewart, PharmD, St Jude Children’s Research Hospital, Memphis, Tennessee and Christian Brothers University, Memphis, Tennessee.
18. The Prevalence of Antibiotic-Resistant Bacteria in Shelby Farms Park, Memphis, TN. Nicholas Kittrell, Sandra Thompson-Jaeger, Christian Brothers University.