SHOE DRIVE (WITH BENEFITS): Want to clean out your closet while at the same time help the underprivileged? Then bring us your used tennis shoes, running shoes, or athletic shoes! CBU Enactus has partnered with Shoe Good, a non-profit committed to revamping used tennis shoes for distribution to the disadvantaged around the world. Shoes will be collected in the Quad on Monday, April 28, 11:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. and Tuesday, April 29, 12:30-2:00 p.m. For every pair of shoes you donate, you get FIVE water balloons to throw at faculty targets.
STRESS RELIEF WEEK (PRE-EXAMS): The Self Esteem/Empowerment Sub-Committee of the President’s Commision on Women is hosting Stress Relief Week April 28-May 2 to provide students, faculty, and staff some activities where they can “de-stress” and relax before final exams begin the following week. The schedule is as follows:
• Monday, April 28: Meditation Session, 12:00-1:00 p.m. in Sabbatini Lounge, led by Dr. Pong Malasri
• Tuesday, April 29: Aromatherapy Session, 12:30-1:30 p.m. in St. Joseph 10, led by Dr. Kelly James
• Thursday, May 1: Yoga Session, 12:00-1:00 p.m. in Sabbatini Lounge, led by Dr. Leigh Pittenger
JOB SEARCH BOOT CAMP: Seniors, are you still seeking employment after graduation? Juniors, are still looking for that summer internship? Then join us for this conference-style “crash course” to better prepare yourself to find the job you want! Resume critiques from recruiters and alumni, plus mini-sessions on interviewing skills, networking, and job search strategies will be included! Come to Buckman 102, 1:00-2:00 p.m. RSVP through your CareerLinX account is required by Friday, April 25.
HAITI SEMINAR: Jenessa Gebers, former CBU Lasallian Fellow, will present a seminar on “CBU Connections: Public Health and Malnutrition Initiatives in Haiti,” about a child malnutrition initiative in Haiti through Partners in Health that has the potential to revolutionize the stunning level of malnutrition in Haiti. CBU Nursing and pre-med students will also give slide talks about their medical mission trips to Haiti. Wednesday, April 30, at 7:00 p.m. in Spain Auditorium.
THE LAST LECTURE: Please join the Honors Program and the CBU community for the 7th Annual CBU “Last Lecture” on May 1 at 12:45 p.m. in Spain Auditorium, during which Dr. Holmes Peacher-Ryan (Mathematics) will give his hypothetical “Last Lecture.” Last Lectures usually include the professor’s reflections on their academic career, advice for better living, and even a few laughs. Known for great stories and funny quotes, Dr. Peacher-Ryan will not disappoint. Light refreshments will be served at 12:30. RSVP by 8:00 p.m. the day before, but attend even if you didn’t RSVP (just be sure to sign in). This is open to the entire University and, based on past Last Lectures, this is a not-to-be-missed event!
BUCS OVERBOARD: To celebrate the opening of the Canale Pool, Student Life is hosting a “Bucs Overboard” event in the pool/volleyball area on May 2, from 4:00-6:00 p.m.
ALUMNI SLOSHBALL – #BUCS2014:
Attention All Graduating Seniors! Sign up NOW for the 2014 Senior/Alumni Sloshball Tournament
on Monday, May 5, starting at 4:00 p.m. at Bland Field. Register online at www.imleagues.com/cbu
and join a team. For more information, contact Thien Nguyen at firstname.lastname@example.org
. (BTW, Sloshball is kickball. With beer
STRESS RELIEF (EXAM WEEK): Do you need an enjoyable break from end-of-school-year stressors? If so, Student Life will host several events to help ease the stress during Exam Week:
• Tuesday, May 6: Free Massages, 11:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. You can get a free chair massage (shoulder and neck) in the Thomas Center Conference Room by “Massage on the Go.”
• Wednesday, May 7: Paws to Relax with the Therapy Dogs, 11:30 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. on the Buc Patio. It’s a proven fact that petting a dog can relieve stress and lower blood pressure. Visit with the Therapy Dogs, brought to campus by the Mid-South Therapy Dogs and Friends Organization.
• Thursday, May 8: CBU Pancake Study Break, 9:00-11:00 p.m. in Alfonso Dining Hall. It’s not really a proven fact that pancakes help you study, but they certainly can’t hurt…
COMMENCEMENT WEEK! Full schedule at www.cbu.edu/commencement2014!