VOTER REGISTRATION DRIVE: The Student Government Association and other registered student organizations will be hosting a Voter Registration Drive September 1-8, from 11:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. daily. Please look for tables outside of the Cooper-Wilson Center, Buckman Hall, Alfonso Dining Hall, and the Buc. If you have any questions about the upcoming elections, please stop by and ask because Your Vote Counts!
NAACP WEEK: The CBU NAACP Chapter is celebrating NAACP Week, August 31-September 4. Events will include:
• August 31: “The Hunt” Begins — Still want to register for the NAACP scavenger hunt? It’s not too late! Email firstname.lastname@example.org. Single Registration is $2; Group Registration (3-5) is $5.
• September 1: Voter Registration Drive & Community Conversation — Get Registered to Vote (see above), 11:00-2:00, and then meet in Sabbatini Lounge at 5:30 p.m. to talk with MPD’s Command Staff and the Tri-State Defender newspaper about what happens when social justice issues arise and what we can do to help.
• September 2: #IMATTER Campaign — Post your favorite photo, use the hashtag #I MATTER, and tag @NAACPCBU on Twitter and @naacpatcbu on Instagram. Don’t forget to say why YOU matter!
• September 3: Voter Registration Drive — Miss out on Tuesday? Stop by Alfonso, the Bue, Buckman Hall, or Cooper-Wilson to Register to Vote!
• September 4: Pep Rally — Come celebrate the NAACP’s first anniversary at CBU in the Buckman Quad with food, performances and games! 2:30-5:00 p.m.
SO YOU WANT TO BE A <FILL IN THE BLANK>: Dr. Linda Pifer of the University of Tennessee Health Science Center will present “So You Want to be a Clinical Laboratory Scientist,” the first in a series of presentations regarding graduate-level healthcare professions, on Wednesday, September 2 at 7:00 p.m. in Assisi Hall 122. Refreshments (provided by Mama D’s) will be served at 6:30 p.m. For more information, contact Dr. Stan Eisen, Director of Preprofessional Health Programs, at (901) 321-3447 or email@example.com.
ZINGO: Did the Bookstore wipe you clean of extra funds? Still in need of school supplies? Well, you are in luck! The Alluring Ladies of Alpha Mu of Zeta Phi Beta Sorority Inc. are hosting their second annual Zingo night on Wednesday, September 2 at 7:00 p.m. in St. Joseph Hall 10. You can win an array of school supplies and items to help you get through the remainder of the school year. Did we forget to mention its’ absolutely FREE! Everyone is invited and encouraged to come and win awesome school supplies.