Wednesday, February 3
• Soul Food Day (11:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m., Alfonso Dining Hall) Enjoy an array of healthy Soul Food choices!
• Black Student Association Lunch and Learn: “Food for the Soul: Heart Disease and Hypertension” (12:00 p.m., Sabbatini Lounge) Dr. John Davis from the PA Program will make a presenta tion on “Heart Disease and Hypertension” that will help students not only catch early signs of these ailments, but know how to combat them through healthy lifestyle choices. The Food Recovery Network will also make a presentation on what they do to feed the hungry in the Memphis area, and how others can get involved Bring your lunch and join us! Bring your lunch and join us! Free health screening will be provided by the Physician Assistant Program. Health screenings will also be available on February 4.
Friday, February 6
• Know Your Worth College Tour: Domestic Violence Forum (6:30 pm-9:30 p.m., Montesi Executive Center) Sponsored by Phi Beta Sigma and featuring Aaron Jordan Jr., author of The Power Within, A Woman’s Worth: From Both Sexes. Panelists will include Dr. Timothy Doyle, Associate Vice President for Student Life; Dr. Kelli James, Assistant Professor; and Karen Barnett, Dean of Students.
Thursday, February 12
• BSA and Student Life Movie Night (6:30 p.m., Spain Auditorium) A screening of Mandela: Long Walk to Freedom, starring Idris Elba.
Friday, February 13
• Open Mic Night for “Ebony Expressions of Love” (6:30-10:00 p.m., Sabbatini Lounge) Dazzle the audience with expressions of love through poems, singing, etc.