• Tuesday, February 10: Career Power Hour – “Career Expo 101″ (Buckman 102, 1:00-2:00 p.m.) Learn the basics of preparing for a Career Expo event… how to dress, how to research companies in advance, questions you should be prepared to ask (and answer), and more! CBU’s Career & Internship Expo will be happening seven days after this workshop, so NOW is the time to prepare! Don’t miss it!
• Wednesday, February 11: Entrepreneur Information Meetings (Buckman 207, 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.) One-on-one Entrepreneurial Meetings with Start Co. founder and CEO, Eric Mathews (neverstop.co). Obtain private and personalized insight on becoming an entrepreneur from one of the best in the business. Sign-up for a 30-minute private meeting time slot. Hurry! Sign-ups are first-come, first-serve.
• Wednesday, February 11: LGBT Career Panel (Spain Auditorium, 5:00-6:00 p.m.) The Gay Straight Alliance and Career Services are co-hosting the LGBT Career Panel to educate the CBU community on some of the unique challenges faced by LGBT individuals in the professional and personal worlds from the perspectives of various LGBT panelists. This event is open to everyone and there will be a Q&A towards the end, so participation from the audience is highly encouraged. There will be some light refreshments available as well.
• Thursday, February 12: Pizza & Professionals: Bridges Inc. (Buckman 102, 12:30 – 1:30 p.m.) Join us to learn more about Bridges Inc. — what they do, jobs they typically have available, and of course, enjoy free pizza! Don’t miss out! All students interested in learning more about the company are welcome to attend; those interested in internships are especially invited to attend.
• Thursday, February 12: Slam Dunk Networking (Canale Arena Skybox, 5:30-7:30 p.m.) Want a chance to practice your networking skills in a professional setting? Then this event is a slam dunk…literally! Join us along with several of our recruiter partners, many of whom are CBU alumni, who will be there to help you master the art of the “elevator speech,” and help you make the most of small talk at receptions and more social business events. Practice makes perfect, so join us for this fun event, to be held during CBU’s men’s and women’s basketball games vs. West Florida. An RSVP is required by Tuesday, February 10. Advanced Sign-Up Required
• Friday, February 1: Career Clothes Closet (Montesi Executive Center, 10:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.) To assist students in building a professional wardrobe, several CBU alumni have donated gently used pieces of professional attire (suits, shirts, dresses, blouses, ties, belts, shoes, etc.) to help you get started. These items will be available free of charge to all current students (limit three pieces per student) on a first-come, first-served basis. Just stop by Montesi on Friday to see what’s available.
• Tuesday, February 17: 2015 Career & Internship Expo (Canale Arena, 11:30 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.) This semester’s expo features 58 (and counting) companies seeking to fill a variety of full-time and internship positions across many different majors are already confirmed, and more are expected! Make plans to be there! Dress professionally and bring plenty of resumes. Employers already scheduled to attend include: Achievement Schools, Aflac, ALSAC/St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital, Alzheimer’s Association, Aspire Public Schools, AZO Inc., Barbara K. Lipman Early Learning Center, Bartlett City Schools, Becker CPA Review, BRIDGES/Bridge Builders, Capital Financial Advisors, Catholic Diocese Of Memphis Department Of Education, CBRE, CBU Department Of Education, Church Health Center, Collierville Schools, Cordova Safety Products, ECS Federal, Inc., EdR Collegiate Housing, Enterprise Holdings, Ericson Group, Inc., First Tennessee Bank, Flintco LLC, Freedom Preparatory Academy Charter School, Gateway Group Personnel, Gestalt Community Schools, GRAD Academy Memphis, Green Dot Public Schools, KIPP Memphis Collegiate Schools, Kroger, Lasallian Volunteers, Leadership Preparatory Charter School, MassMutual, Medtronic, Inc., New York Life, Nike, NovaCopy, Outback Steakhouse, Raymond James Financial, Regional One Health, Regus, Robert Half – Accoun temps, Sedgwick, ServiceMaster, Share One, Shelby County Schools, St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital, Social Security Administration, Stabilit America dba Glasteel, Teach For America, TEKsystems, The West Clinic, Thomas & Betts, United BioSource Corporation, WKNO-TV/FM, WMC-TV, YES Prep Public Schools, Youth Villages, Inc.
• Thursday, February 19: Pizza & Professionals (Buckman 102, 12:30-1:30 p.m.) Come learn about CBIZ-MHM — who they are, what they do, and about some of the positions they typical hire… and, enjoy free pizza! What a deal! All students interested in learning more about the company are welcome to attend.