• Tuesday, February 3: Career Power Hour – Resume Writing (Buckman Hall 102, 1:00-2:00 p.m.) Whether you’re starting a resume from scratch, tweaking one that you’ve been using for years, or anywhere in between, this workshop can help! Join us to learn some of the fine points of resume writing, what to include (and not to include), as well as tips on cover letters and references. Be there!
• Wednesday, February 4: Mock Interview Day (Buckman Hall 207, 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.) Whether you’re a “rookie” w hen it comes to job interviews, or whether you’ve been on several, it’s always a good idea to brush up on your skills. This is your chance to interview with a professional recruiter from such companies as ServiceMaster, CBRE, CBIZ, and others, and then get immediate feedback on your interviewing skills. This is just for practice, so it’s great way to shake the nerves and brush up on your skills before the real thing! This opportunity only comes around once semester…so don’t miss out! Sign up begins on January 21st. Advanced Sign-Up Required
• Thursday, February 5: Practice Test Drive: LSAT and MCAT (Buckman Hall, 1:00-4:30 p.m.) If you are interested in taking the practice test for the LSAT or the MCAT, sign up through your CareerLinx account no later than Monday, February 2nd. This is the written version of a retired test (minus the essay parts), and is a great way to prepare. It is scored just like the real thing, and you get your results back almost instantaneously. $5.00 covers your materials (payable on test day). Sign up today! Advanced Sign-Up Required
• Friday, February 6: Kaplan Campus Visit – Sample Tests, Questions, Test Review (Buckman Hall 208, 1:00-3:00 p.m.) A representative from Kaplan Testing Services will be on campus to answer any questions you may have about ANY of the graduate admissions tests (GRE, GMAT, LSAT, MCAT, DAT, OAT, PCAT), demonstrate some of the on-line practices tests that are available (for those not offered in hard-copy), as well as the test-prep services offered by Kaplan. If you are considering going to graduate school, this is great opportunity to ask questions about the testing process. Make plans to attend!
• Tuesday, February 10: Career Power Hour – “Career Expo 101″ (Buckman 102, 1:00-2:00 p.m.) Learn the basics of preparing for a Career Expo event… how to dress, how to research companies in advance, questions you should be prepared to ask (and answer), and more! CBU’s Career & Internship Expo will be happening seven days after this workshop, so NOW is the time to prepare! Don’t miss it!
• Wednesday, February 11: LGBT Career Panel (Spain Auditorium, 5:00-6:00 p.m.)
• Thursday, February 12: Pizza & Professionals: Bridges Inc. (Buckman 102, 12:30 – 1:30 p.m.) Join us to learn more about Bridges Inc. — what they do, jobs they typically have available, and of course, enjoy free pizza! Don’t miss out! All students interested in learning more about the company are welcome to attend; those interested in internships are especially invited to attend.
• Thursday, February 12: Slam Dunk Networking (Canale Arena Skybox, 5:30-7:30 p.m.) Want a chance to practice your networking skills in a professional setting? Then this event is a slam dunk…literally! Join us along with several of our recruiter partners, many of whom are CBU alumni, who will be there to help you master the art of the “elevator speech,” and help you make the most of small talk at receptions and more social business events. Practice makes perfect, so join us for this fun event, to be held during CBU’s men’s and women’s basketball games vs. West Florida. An RSVP is required by Tuesday, February 10. Advanced Sign-Up Required