Thursday, May 15
• Commencement Rehearsal for students in all degree programs will begin at 6:00 p.m. in Canale Arena. Attendance is mandatory for all graduating seniors and master’s candidates who plan to participate in Commencement. Candidates will leave Canale Arena and walk to Signaigo Field at 6:30 p.m. Following the processional, students will be able to pick-up regalia in front of the bookstore. The faculty is invited to attend the rehearsal.
Friday, May 16
• The Presidential Student Recognition will take place at 10:00 a.m. in the University Theater, honoring a select number of our graduates for their accomplishments during their careers at CBU.
• The Alumni Legacy Society Dinner will take place in Sabbatini Lounge from 5:00 to 7:00 p.m. Invitations have been issued to legacy students and their alumni family members to join us for a relaxing dinner before the Baccalaureate Service. Please RSVP by May 6 to firstname.lastname@example.org or (901) 321-3270.
• The Baccalaureate Prayer Service is scheduled for 7:00 p.m. at the Cathedral of the Immaculate Conception (1695 Central Avenue). Brother Terence McLaughlin, former President of CBU, will be the baccalaureate speaker. A Christian Brother for over 70 years, Brother Terence is revered for integrating CBHS in the early 1960s. A President¹s Reception will follow in Marian Hall at the Cathedral of the Immaculate Conception.
Saturday, May 17
• CBU’s 2014 Commencement Exercises will begin precisely at 9:00 a.m. on Signaigo Field. Degrees for the 2013-14 academic year will be awarded to 255 bachelor and 189 master candidates. Mr. Bob Buckman and Mrs. Joyce Mollerup will receive Honorary Doctorates of Public Service, and Mr. Buckman will offer brief remarks to the graduates. (Our rain location is Mississippi Boulevard Christian Church, located at 70 North Bellevue in Midtown Memphis. If necessary, the decision to use the rain location will be made by 5:00 a.m. on May 17. It will be broadcast to the campus community via email, text message, and web announcement. Commencement exercises at the rain location would begin at 11 a.m.)