Dr. Pascal Bedrossian (Mathematics & Computer Science) was honored with the Distinguished Lasallian Educator Award at the CBU Academic Convocation on September 5. The award — the highest presented by the University to faculty or staff — annually honors a CBU educator, nominated by his/her peers, who exemplifies the ideals of St. John Baptist de La Salle in the 21st century. Recipients must have been a Lasallian educator for at least five years, be actively involved in fostering the mission of Lasallian education, exemplify in his/her life the spirit of St. John Baptist de La Salle, and demonstrate an enthusiasm for the Lasallian tradition. Dr. Bedrossian is pictured above (center) with President John Smarrelli and Brother Dominic Ehrmantraut, Director of Mission.
Other awards presented at the Convocation included:
• Dr. Ted Clarke (Physics & Natural Science) was awarded the Dr. Marguerite Cooper School of Sciences Faculty Award.
• Dr. John Varriano (Physics & Natural Science) was awarded the Outstanding Academic Advisor Award.
• Dr. Jeffrey Sable (Behavioral Sciences) was was awarded the Outstanding New Academic Advisor Award.
Endowed Faculty Chairs were awarded to:
• The Harry B. Solmson Chair Of Business Administration was awarded to Dr. James Allen (Management/Marketing/Economics).
• The Morrie A. & Lillian Moss Chair In Accounting was awarded to Dr. Jennifer Weske (Accounting).
• The Harold R. Krelstein Chair In Performing Arts & Communications was awarded to Jana Travis (Visual & Performing Arts).
• The Dr. John J. Shea Chair In Science & Mathematics was awarded to Dr. John Varriano (Physics & Natural Science).
• The Brother Bernard Lococo Presidential Chair was awarded to Dr. Scott Lawyer (Graduate Business Programs).
• The J. Everett Pidgeon Chair was awarded to Dr. Randel Price (Chemical & Biochemical Engineering).