- The International Initiatives Office is now taking applications for faculty-led travel study trips for the 2013-2014 and 2014-2015 academic years. Faculty wishing to offer a travel study trip must complete the request form and return it to Buckman Hall 347 or 346 by February 4. Please call the International Initiatives office at (901) 321-4416 or (901) 321-3461 for the form or with any questions. Also taking applications for 2014-15
- Students considering studying abroad for a semester during fall or spring of next year should come by the Study Abroad office in Buckman Hall 346 or 347 by March 15 to discuss locations, requirements, and options and to complete a preliminary interest form.
MEN’S BASKETBALL (11-6, 6-3 GSC)
- 01/24: Bucs 68, Valdosta State University 60 (at Valdosta, GA)
- 01/26: Bucs 61, University of West Florida 52 (at Pensacola, FL)
WOMEN’S BASKETBALL (5-12, 2-7 GSC)
- 01/24: Lady Bucs 60, Valdosta State University 52 (at Valdosta, GA)
- 01/26: Lady Bucs 54, University of West Florida 61 (OT; at Pensacola, FL)
THIS WEEK’S SCHEDULE
- 02/02: Delta State University (Canale Arena; 4:00 p.m.)
- 02/02: Delta State University (Canale Arena; 2:05 p.m.)
The final workshop to help at-risk students toward a more successful college experience in areas of basic study skills techniques, helpful resources, self-assessment, self-motivation, etc. will be held on February 7 from 1:00 to 1:50 p.m. in the Thomas Center Conference Room and will be conducted by Ms. Sadie Lisenby, Director of Counseling. The sessions are designed for students who have the desire and commitment to become a more successful student. Interested students are urged to attend all four sessions.
Delta Sigma Pi, the co-ed business fraternity, will be conducting its recruitment drive on campus January 28 – February 3. Events include:
- Monday, January 28: Come see what Delta Sigma Pi has to offer at its Meet the Chapter meeting at 12:00 p.m. in Montesi Executive Center.
- Tuesday, January 29: Brush up on your interview skills in an interview workshop hosted by fellow Delta Sigma Pi brother, Professor Jennifer Weske, at 12:30 p.m. in Montesi Executive Center.
- Thursday, January 31: Come meet DSP alumni and School of Business faculty and staff for a delicious dinner at Central BBQ (downtown location: 147 E. Butler Ave) at 7:00 p.m. Street parking will be available.
- Friday, February 1: Join in a game of Laserquest (3417 Plaza Ave.) at 3:30 p.m. Admission will be $8.75 per person.
- Sunday, February 3: DSP will be wrapping up its recruitment week with a Superbowl Party at the home of Dr. Mike Ryan at 5:00 p.m. Please RSVP and directions will be provided.
For more information please contact Melissa Duong at email@example.com.