In the Fall of 2012, CBU fraternities and sororities participated in a pilot self-reporting system entitled “Something of Value.” This reporting mechanism allowed organizations to submit, in real time, the significant community service programs performed in conjunction with their organizations. During this first semester, CBU are proud to report these results:
- Fall 2012 fraternity & sorority membership: 165
- Philanthropic & community service hours: 1,200
- Lives impacted by offered programs and services: 3,000*
- Total amount of money raised for Fall 2012: $42,250
- Sample of service sites: Ronald McDonald House, Jacob’s Ladder, St. Mary’s Soup Kitchen, Red Cross, Bridges and Susan G. Komen foundation
The program will continue in the spring of 2012 and will be re-evaluated at the end of the semester. These initial results speak well of the great work our organizations perform throughout each semester. Congratulations!
* This number is only an estimate, as reported by member organizations, on the potential impact on lives affected by the service performed.