CBU is once again be offering an 8-week course on “Life After College” this spring. The 75-minute, non-credit class will be offered at two convenient times — Tuesdays at 12:40 p.m. or Thursdays at 5:00 p.m. — and will be taught by CBU alumni.
If you are interested in participating in this class, please consider these times when arranging your spring class schedule. You will only need to attend one of the classes each week.
Here are the topics covered in the course — each will give you the critical information you will need upon graduation:
• Pursuing a graduate education
• Finding a job
• What to expect and how to succeed in your first 90 days
• Budgeting and creating a savings plan
• How to tackle student loan debt
• Credit scores, credit cards, and credit reports
• Remaining Lasallian after CBU
More info on classes at www.cbu.edu/lifeaftercollege!
Gradspot.com’s Guide to Life After College is the book that will complement the course. After you have completed your registration, you may pick up your copy of the book in the Office of Advancement, located in Barry Hall 101.
Why take “Life After College”? See what Burton Bridges (’09), Andrea Guyton (’13) and Dr. Tracie Burke have to say >>>>
Click here to register for the class today!
Left to right: Martin Tribo (Electrical Engineering & Computer Science ’13), Ivan Tamayo (Civil Engineering ’13), Jim Strickland (Memphis City Council), Dr. Louie Lin (Civil & Environmental Engineering), Tom Chamberlain (MLGW) and Dederick Blair (Civil Engineering ’13).
CBU’s EPA P-3 team recently presented appreciation plaques to their sponsors in the Environmental Protection Agency’s People, Prosperity and the Planet (P-3) Student Design Competition. The student team developed technologies to improve energy efficiency in the building envelope of residences in Memphis for the project, focusing on the thermal properties of materials, fire safety, material stability, and cost. The competition was held at the National Sustainable Design Expo in Washington, DC on Earth Day (April 21-23). The CBU team won an honorable mention award at the competition. For more information on the P-3 Competition, click here.
FIRST MASS OF CHRISTMAS: The Christian Brothers of the Lambert Hall Community invite everyone to join them for the First Mass of Christmas on Monday, December 24 at 9:00 p.m. in De La Salle/Stritch Chapel. The Brothers will host a wine and dessert reception following Mass in the Lambert Hall residence. RSVP with the number in your party by December 17 to (901) 321-3444 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
MARTIN LUTHER KING JR. REMEMBRANCE EVENTS: CBU is hosting and/or participating in the following events to commemorate Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. in January:
• The annual Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Oratorical Contest, featuring 5th and 6th graders from various Jubilee schools, will be held on Wednesday, January 9: at 6:30 p.m. in Spain Auditorium.
• The annual Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Commemoration will be held on Thursday, January 10 at 1:00 p.m. in Spain Auditorium. The guest speaker for the commemoration will be civil rights icon Mrs. Ann Sullivan. The event will also feature special Musical Selections by the ”Peace Makers” from the Memphis Police Department.
• The Martin Luther King Day of Service (with Rhodes College) will be held on Saturday, January 12 at 8:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m., meeting at the Bryan Campus Life Center at Rhodes College with opening remarks by Mayor A C Wharton. Breakfast and lunch will be served .Sign-up sheets for assignments will be available in front of Alfonso Dining Hall on Monday, January 7, 11:00 a.m.-1:00 p.m.
MARCH FOR LIFE: Join fellow CBU students as they show their support for the Right to Life in the annual march past the Capitol to the Supreme Court steps marking the anniversary of the Roe v. Wade decision by the Supreme Court on January 23-26. Cost is $300, which includes transportation and lodging. For further information contact Hollie Comas, Director of Lasallian Community Service, at (901) 321-3119 or email@example.com.
MEN’S BASKETBALL (5-2, 1-0 GSC)
12/04: Bucs 75, Trevecca Nazarene University 79 (at Canale Arena)
12/08: Bucs 72, LeMoyne-Owen College 61 (at Canale Arena)
WOMEN’S BASKETBALL (3-4, 0-1 GSC)
12/04: Lady Bucs 62, Rhodes College 71 (at Rhodes)
12/08: Lady Bucs 79, Lane College 60 (at Jackson, TN)