In Summer of 2015, we started to develop the School of Engineering Strategic Plan. The plan with eight strategic goals was approved by the faculty/staff on September 27, 2016, and later by the Engineering Advisory Board on August 1, 2017. A copy of Gadomski School of Engineering Strategic Plan 2017-2022 can be found at: https://www.speakcdn.com/assets/2091/eng-strategic-plan.pdf or from a link from our homepage at: https://www.cbu.edu/engineering.
We are about to end the first year of our strategic plan implementation. We have made progress on most of our strategic goals. For example:
• 500 Undergraduate Engineering Enrollment by 2022. We are currently at 71% of our goal, up from 65% in the previous year.
• 30% Female Students in Undergraduate Enrollment by 2022. We are at 77% of our goal, up from 67% in the previous year.
• 100% Placement Rate of Graduates Within 12 Months of Graduation by 2022. The latest data we have is for Class of 2016 with 100% of our goal, up from 98% in the previous year.
• 100% of Graduates Will Pass a Nationally Recognized Examination/Certification Upon Graduation by 2022. Our estimate for Class of 2018 is at least 50% of our goal, up from 13% in the previous year.
• State-of-the-Art Engineering Facility by 2022. A three-phase engineering facility upgrade plan is finalized: Phase I (a new 28K SF lab facility behind Benilde), Phase II (Benilde renovation/expansion), and Phase III (Nolan expansion). We expect the construction of the Phase I building will start soon.
• Formal Industry Partnership by 2022. We are at 76% of our goal, up from 64% in the previous year.
This is an exciting time to be an engineer. Job market has never been this great, which is a major factor in our 70% enrollment increase from 2012 to 2017. Starting salary is great, with 72% of the Class of 2016 making over $60K in their first full-time job after graduation. And the most important thing…we are moving toward more experiential/project-based learning, which will make our engineering education more fun.
Have a great summer!