Email submissions to Sean MacInnes: email@example.com
Submissions can be made any time.
Profiles, Interviews, Editorials, Investigative and Argumentative Essays, Photo Journalism, Artistic Critiques and Reviews, Event and Good Cause Promotions, etc.
We don’t want:
Prose, poetry, or creative artwork unrelated to your essay. Creative contributions can be submitted to Castings journal.
Make your contribution fun, engaging, personal, relevant, and constructive. Time is of the essence – we want editorial topics to be fresh in everyone’s minds. Be clear and concise and research your subject well.
Remember: Who, What, When, Where, Why, and How
- Email subject header: SOA Newsletter Submission
- In your email include your name, a brief description of the submitted piece and an explanation of why you think the work is newsworthy.
- Send your submission as .doc, .docx, or .rtf file. (Do not send your work in the body of the email.)
- 11 Point Calibri – single spaced
- 500 word count maximum.
- Title in bold at top center of article. Your name centered under the title.
- We prefer original non-copyrighted photos, but if you want to include an image from the Web you must provide a link – 448 x 296 pixels or thereabouts is acceptable. Please send as .JPG.
- Include a brief bio at the end of your submission. It can include your major and expected year of graduation and any fun / pertinent insights about you. If your article is accepted we will ask you to send a headshot.
- Allow five work/school days for a response. Also keep in mind we may not be able to respond to every submission, but we will do our best. If you do hear from us please be willing to respond to editorial feedback – this doesn’t mean your work isn’t great, but we may need you to tailor it to our audience.